Monday, August 25, 2014

New Design??!

Woah! Changing horses mid-stream... good thing this stream ain't flowin' that fast. Har.
Upon further consideration, I'm now considering... a different roof! Here's my relatively unchanged floorplan:

And a updated profile drawing, with shed roof:

This roof design is heavily inspired by Brett Sutherland from New Zealand's little house: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VckbqU4kK2I.
The idea to change is based upon the thinking that my previous roof design (gambrel roof, with low pitch gable roof over loft) is likely heavier, and more complicated to build. Simpler and lighter is just too tempting to pass up. Plus I quite like the modern look this roof gives. Cool house Brett!
Any thoughts are welcome! Thanks!
And yes, that's a hammock hanging from the back of the house :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment