Sunday, August 1, 2021

Stairway to tiny heaven

Ingrid stayed over Fri-Sat and helped me get the pile of interior paneling out of the house and to start the storage staircase build. Gotta say again how great it is to have friends over helping me out! Was especially nice to have someone else's brain helping to keep mistakes to a minimum, and to think through the process and details of the work. 

We started out by deciding to take the time to use the router on some of the edges of the 15mm (3/4'') plywood sheets. It was a good decision, though it took more time. I was tempted to skip it as I just wanted to get the stairs together, but having the rounded edges makes the stairs look much more polished. I'm happy we did that!

Today I finished them off (for now) and I'm feeling quite proud of them :)

routering
moral support








superteam!

unleashing the tiny beast!
storage stairs

view from catwalk



the elephant












1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing! It's so much easier to get up to the bedrooms! I agree the edges make the stairs look good, spending the time upfront was a good move.

    ReplyDelete