Tuesday, October 19, 2021

hiatus break

I am breaking my silence! It wasn't an intentional silence, just had a lot of things taking precedence over blog-writing.

Since last writing I've done a lot! It feels like things are happening slowly, and I think that they kind of are, but happening they are still. 

Last I wrote I had just built a staircase. Since then I have:

- finished the upstairs birch ply floors with hard wax oil

- painted the exterior panels with järnvitriol (makes the wood look aged)

- had a plumber in to put in a couple of drains through the floors (bathroom and kitchen)

- brought in a bunch of kitchen stuff, gotten a fridge

- hooked up to electricity (light! heat!)

- built my clothes storage space and office space up in the loft

- gotten my bathroom area ready for the flooring guys to put in the wetroom floor and walls

- gotten wetroom floor and walls

- upgraded the sofa space significantly

I'm what I would call about 60% moved in. I still have a bunch of stuff in the big house, and still need to use the shower, toilet, laundry and dishwashing facilities. Current projects and stuff to do coming up soon include:

- building the entryway step/woodstove platform, and installing the woodstove

- build my toilet (so far I have a seat)

- hooking up my propane range

- running pipes and connecting to water (oh glorious indoor running water)

- build entryway shoe storage

- modify the bathroom cabinet and make the sink

- build storage shelves in kitchen corners 

- build/modify and install kitchen counters 

- make and put up shelving all over

- other stuff that's not as high priority...

Photos to come in future (hopefully not too distant) posts



No comments:

Post a Comment